White Wine Vegetables Stuffed Zucchini Recipe
- 1 zucchini, cut in half length wise ( cut halves in half too, to end up with 4 pieces )
- 4 small mushrooms (button or baby bella), chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 2 Tbs dry white wine
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Scoop out the insides of the zucchini and chop half, discard the rest. Heat some olive oil in a pan and saute the zucchini pulp, mushrooms, green onion and garlic until softened. Pour in the wine and cook a couple of minutes until most of the liquid is dissolved. Stir in the tomatoes and basil. Season with S&P to taste. Let cook about 1 minute. Remove from heat stir in the bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle the zucchini shells with salt on the inside. Stuff each half with the mixture. Top Equally with cheese. Place on a greased baking sheet or in a baking dish and bake about 35 to 40 minutes.
50 minutes to make