Stove Top Tamale Pie Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium-high heat; drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce, beans, water and taco seasoning mix. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Prepare corn muffin mix according to package directions. Drop small spoonfuls of muffin batter over meat mixture in a skillet.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat 15-17 minutes or until corn bread is done.
- Top with cheese and green onion. Cover and cook over low heat until cheese melts.
Time: 40 Minutes