Skillet Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 to 4 (6 ounces) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon honey
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to hot oil in skillet and cook 5-6 minutes per side until cooked through (chicken should register 165°F in thickest part of chicken on an instant read thermometer). Transfer to a plate, cover with foil to keep warm.
Add garlic to remaining oil in pan and sauté 10 seconds, then add chicken broth, cream, mustard, thyme, and sage and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened slightly, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in honey and (if needed) season lightly with salt. Serve chicken with sauce over top and garnish with additional thyme leaves if desired.