Red Coconut Curry Chicken Recipe
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 ½ tsp fish sauce (found in Asian isle at most grocery stores)
- 1-2 T red curry paste, depending on heat preference
- 1-2 T brown sugar
- 1 T freshly grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- dash of cayenne pepper
- Dollop of peanut butter
- 2-3 cups of whatever fresh veggies you have around
- 1 lb chicken, cut in thin strips with a little salt & pepper sprinkled on top
- 1-2 T oil for sautéing
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons oil over medium heat until hot. Sauté chicken in oil until just no longer pink. Throw in veggies and sauté for a minute or two. (They don’t need to cook very long because they will continue to cook in the sauce. I literally just let them hang out for a minute before moving on.) Add fresh ginger and garlic and let cook for about 30 seconds, until fragrant. Make sure not to let them burn!
- Stir in coconut milk, fish sauce, brown sugar, curry paste, cayenne, and peanut butter. I take a regular spoon from my utensil drawer and scoop up a big ol’ dollop of peanut butter. This isn’t an exact science. Feel free to taste the sauce at this point and add more if you’d like.
- Continue to heat over medium heat until sauce is hot and veggies are cooked to your liking. Serve immediately over cooked rice in bowls.