- 1 lb low-fat breakfast sausage
- 5 -6 cups russet potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 3/4 cup sweet onion (chopped)
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- garlic powder
- cracked pepper
- 2 cups 2% cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Brown sausage and onion in dutch oven until no longer pink. (If using regular sausage, drain and wipe out bottom of pan.).
- Add chicken broth to sausage and onions and bring to boil.
- Add potatoes and simmer on med high for 20 mins or until potatoes are soft.
- Remove from heat and mash potatoes completely.
- Add evaporated milk and cheese and stir until cheese is melted.
- Add garlic powder and cracked pepper to taste.
- If you like a thicker soup, add a little cornstarch or flour for thickening.
Time: 35 Minutes