Total Time: 25 minutes Serves: 4
- 1½ cups Sherry vinegar, plus more, to taste
- 1 cup sugar, plus more, to taste
- 1 cup strawberries, stemmed and sliced lengthwise
- ¼-inch piece ginger, grated
- 1½ cups rhubarb, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise into ¼-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 cup Niçoise olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 bone-in pork chops (about 2½ pounds total)
1. In a small saucepan, simmer vinegar and sugar over medium heat until liquid is reduced by half and resembles simple syrup in consistency, about 15 minutes. Add strawberries, ginger and rhubarb and simmer until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in soy sauce, olives and rosemary. Season agrodolce with salt, additional vinegar and/or additional sugar to taste. Turn off heat and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, set a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Swirl in oil and once hot, lay pork chops into pan. Sear until pork is browned and cooked to medium-well, about 7 minutes per side. Divide pork chops among four plates and spoon agrodolce over top.