- 12 ounces sliced beef tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon soy bean oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 2 fluid ounces soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon rice wine
- 2 ounces green onions, sticks- 3-inch long green only
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Heat oil in a sauté pan. Add the beef and cook for 30-60 seconds or until cooked. -Beef should be lightly browned around the edges and gray throughout the rest of the surface.
- Add your garlic and toss.
- Add the rice wine, soy sauce, and sugar. Bring to a boil.
- Cook and reduce the sauce around the beef until all sauce has caramelized onto the beef. -The sauté pan should be “dry” (no flowing sauce) before proceeding onto the next step.
- Add the green onion sticks and toss to incorporate into the beef.
- A few tosses are all that are needed; do not wilt the green onion sticks!
- Finish with sesame oil.
- Place on a plate over cooked rice and enjoy!