Original Philly Cheesesteak Recipe
- 8 Oz Cheez Whiz
- 2 TBS butter
- 1 large white onion, sliced thin
- 8 Oz thin sliced deli roast beef
- 2 12 inch long Italian Hero rolls, sliced in half lengthwise
- hot peppers or hot sauce to taste
- Place the Cheez Whiz and butter in a microwave-safe container and heat them in the microwave, stirring occasionally until the mixture is hot.
- Heat 2 to 4 Tbs oil or butter in a skillet, and fry the onion until it is soft. Throw the beef into the skillet and hack the beef and onion together as the beef cooks, creating a rugged beef-onion hash.
- Divide the hash between the bottoms of the hero rolls and top each with a dollop of the melted Cheez whiz. Add hot peppers and or hot sauce if desired. Cover with the tops of the rolls.