- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 cups oatmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine softened butter and both sugars in a mixing bowl. Whip together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Put oatmeal into a food processor to break down into a powder. Add the “oatmeal flour” to the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Slowly add the flour mixture (half at a time) into the sugar mixture. Blend with an electric mixer until well combined. Put the milk chocolate chips into the food processor and chop into small pieces. Using the electric mixer, add them to the dough. Now stir in the semi-sweet chocolate chips with a spoon.
- Drop golf ball sized balls of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack for an additional 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Time: 35 Minutes