- 3 cups Bisquick baking mix (measured out to exactly 3 cups)
- 1 1/2 lbs uncooked Italian sausage (casings removed)
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic (about 1 large clove, can use more)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 4 cups finely shredded old cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream or 1/2 cup milk
- 1 pinch dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional or to taste, or can use Tabasco sauce)
- seasoning salt (optional, can use white salt)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil, then spray lightly with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix the Bisquick baking mix with uncooked sausage meat, parsley, garlic shredded cheese, Parmesan cheese, half and half (or milk) pinch dried rosemary and black pepper.
- Using clean hands mix until well combined.
- Season with cayenne and salt (if using).
- Shape into about 1-inch balls and place onto the baking sheet.
- At this point you can freeze them on a tray then place into ziploc bags to bake later.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until browned.
- remove from pan and place on a serving platter with a toothpick inserted.
- Serve warm with dipping sauce.
Time: 45 Minutes