- 2 whole eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1 Tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 4 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon grated lemon rind
- One 9-inch pie crust, unbaked
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat eggs, yolks, and sugar together at high speed for two minutes.
- Add butter, vanilla and cream; beat again at high speed for two minutes.
- Add flour, cornmeal, lemon juice and rind; mix well.
- Pour into crust and bake 30 to 40 minutes until top is medium brown. Important, during the last 10 minutes of baking cover the crust with foil, so crust will not burn on you.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Before serving, garnish with whipped cream topping , shredded coconut and lemon zest, if you like.
40 Minutes to make