Hot Pockets From Scratch Recipe
- 4 cups flour
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1½ tbsp yeast
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ cups warm water
- 2½ cups of chopped meat (ham or pepperoni)
- 1½ cups mozzarella cheese
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese
- pizza sauce (for pizza hot pockets)
- Add flour, salt and yeast to a food processor with the blade attachment. Pulse until well mixed.
- Pulse in olive oil.
- Turn machine to the on position and while running pour in warm water. Let machine run until dough pulls away from the edges and forms a ball.
- Put dough in a greased bowl and cover. Let rise until doubled in size.
- Take handfuls of the dough and roll out into a small circle about the size of your hand. Add some cheese and meat and fold the circle of dough over to make a half circle.
- Seal the edges and bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- To freeze: After baking, wrap in plastic wrap and place in a freezer safe ziploc bag. Freeze for later use.
- To reheat from frozen, unwrap plastic wrap, cover in a paper towel and heat for 1½ minutes. After it has been thawed, heat up in microwave for 30-60 seconds.