- 4 cups heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- 4 Tablespoons Grand Marnier (you can substitute orange juice)
- 4 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons orange zest
- French bread (I also use Peasant bread)
- 6 oz. butter (softened)
- juice of one orange
- 1 Tablespoon Grand Marnier
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- orange zest from one orange
Put 10 – 12 pieces of French bread in a baking dish. Mix ingredients together and pour over bread. Put in refrigerator overnight. Turn slices after two hours.
Next day, pre-heat oven to 375 degrees/ Butter cookie sheet and transfer bread. Bake 30 – 40 minutes, turning halfway through. (You will want a baking dish on the rack below to catch any melted butter after you flip the bread.)
Set French toast on a serving tray and sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar. Serve with maple syrup and orange butter (recipe below).
Orange Butter Directions:
Soften butter. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Form a ball and refrigerate.