Gingerbread Cheesecake Cookie Cups
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp molasses
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- pinch of cloves
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 12 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
1. Coat cupcake pan with non-stick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream butter and sugar together for 5-7 minutes, until light and fluffy.
3. Add the egg and molasses and beat until well combined.
4. Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until smooth. Refrigerate dough for about 30 minutes.
5. Make balls of about 2 tbsp of cookie dough. Press cookie dough into the bottom and about 1/2 way up the sides of each cupcake cup, forming a cup shape.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Use the bottom side of a measuring tablespoon to press in the cups of the cookie if needed. Remove to cooling rack to finish cooling.
8. Once cookies have cooled, make the cheesecake filling. Blend the cream cheese, powdered sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and ginger together until smooth.
9. Pipe or scoop cheesecake filling into cookie cups.
10. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.