Fish Tacos Recipe
- 1.2 lb / 600g firm white fish fillets (snapper is my favourite)
- Zest of 1 lime
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp chipotle powder (Note 1)
- 1 tbsp canned jalapeno, finely chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro / coriander, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cups red cabbage, finely shredded
- 3 scallion/shallot stalks, cut on the diagonal
- 2 tbsp red wine or white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 12 small tortillas (corn or flour), warmed
- Sour cream
- Lime wedges
- Cilantro / coriander
- Combine Fish Marinade ingredients in a ziplock bag. Set aside for 20 minutes to marinate – no longer than 1 hour.
- Place Pickled Cabbage ingredients in a bowl. Toss to combine and set aside for 30 minutes. Drain excess liquid, scrunch cabbage with your hands (to help soften).
- Heat oil in a skillet over high heat. Cook fish for 2 minutes on each side, or until charred and cooked.
- Flake into large pieces.
- To assemble tacos, top with cabbage then fish, a dollop of sour cream and a squeeze of lime juice. Fold tortilla over and enjoy!