Eggless Herb And Garlic Fresh Pasta Recipe
- 1 cup semolina flour
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat bread flour (or AP if desired)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 tsp dried oregano, basil, or thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup water
- In a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, combine the flours, salt, garlic and oregano.
- Add oil and ⅓ cup water and begin mixing on low speed.
- Add just enough of the remaining water to form a stiff dough.
- Knead for 10 minutes.
- Cover and let rest 30 minutes.
- Roll out with a pasta machine (or a rolling pin, or wine bottle…) and cut into desired shapes / lengths.
- Use right away, freeze or dry for longer storage.
- If drying, lay out on wax paper-lined baking sheets or cooling racks and allow to dry completely before storing (you can speed this up a bit by baking in a 170F oven for 2 hours, then cooling completely inside).
1 Hour 30 Minutes for 8 servings