- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 3 eggs, divided
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 slices center cut bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Mix flour, salt and baking powder in large bowl. Cut in butter with 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add 2 of the eggs and the cream; beat with wire whisk until well blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Stir in cheese, bacon and chives. Shape into ball.
- Knead dough on lightly floured surface 10 times. Roll out to 12 x 6 inch rectangle. Cut into 3-inch squares; cut each square diagonally in half. Place on lightly greased baking sheet. Beat remaining egg and the water with wire whisk until well blended; brush over dough triangles. Bake 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm