- 3 lbs yukon gold potatoes
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1/2 cup French’s horseradish & wasabi mayonnaise OR
- 1 tbls wasabi powder & 1/2 cup plain mayonnaise OR
- 1 tbls fresh horseradish & 1/2 cup plain mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup tightly packed chopped fresh dill
- 2 tbls vinegar
- 1/2 lemon – juiced
- 2 tbls grainy mustard
- Put potatoes in large pot with enough water to cover potatoes by one inch.
- Season potatoes with salt and bring the water to a boil.
- Cook just until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, about 25 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and return them to the uncovered pot off the heat. Let them sit until almost room temperature. (Cool them in the warm pot to get rid of any excess water in the potatoes.)
- Meanwhile, cut the white parts off the ends of the celery stalks.
- Cut the stalks in half lenghtwise, then across into 1/4 inch slices. Stir the celery, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and the remaining ingredients together in a serving bowl large enough to hold all the potatoes.
- When they’re cool, cut the potatoes into 1-inch pieces, add them to the bowl as you go. Stir gently until all the potatoes are coated with dressing. If you refrigerate the potatoes will lose their rich smooth texture. Keep covered when serving.
Time: 25 minutes