- 1/2 kent or grey pumpkin (though any kind you have on hand would probably substitute), large chunks
- 1/2 cup red split peas
- 1 heaped tablespoon curry powder
- 250ml coconut milk
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1-2 medium potatoes, large dice
- 1 large carrot, large dice
- vegetable stock
- fresh coriander to serve
- Once all veg is prepped, add to a large pot along with stock and split peas. Top up with water and heat until it comes to a boil, then drop it to a simmer.
- Cook until the pumpkin is beginning to fall apart, and then use a stick blender to partly blend the mix-leaving chunks for texture. Cooking for a longer time over slow heat would mean this wouldn’t be necessary.
- Top with fresh coriander.
- you may also add a little shredded chicken or cooked shrimp on top.
40 Minutes to make