- 1 container (15-ounce) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated pecorino romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup low-fat (1%) milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup (loosely packed) fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup (loosely packed) fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 1 pound ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In large bowl, whisk ricotta, eggs, Romano, salt, and pepper until blended.
- In measuring cup, stir milk and cornstarch until smooth; whisk into cheese mixture. Stir in basil and oregano.
- Pour mixture into nonstick 10-inch skillet with oven-safe handle. Arrange tomatoes on top, overlapping slices if necessary. Bake pie 35 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned and set around edge and center is puffed. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Total Time: 35