- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- 8 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs (about 2 1/4 pounds)
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
- 3 large tomatoes, halved crosswise
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the mayonnaise, chili powder, cayenne and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat a grill to medium low. Brush the grill grates with vegetable oil. Place the breadcrumbs in a shallow dish, then add the chicken, turning to thoroughly coat. Grill the chicken, turning once, until golden brown and cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, brush the tomatoes with vegetable oil and season with salt and black pepper. Place cut-side down on the grill and cook until marked, about 4 minutes per side. Serve with the chicken.
Total time: 1 hour 5 minutes