Creamy Cauliflower Mushroom Risotto Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 ounces riced cauliflower (the frozen version works just as well as the fresh, no need to thaw)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 to 4 tbsp heavy cream
- Copious amounts of grated parmesan cheese (okay, about 1/2 cup to start…add more as desired)
- In a large saute pan, heat butter over medium heat until melted and hot. Add chopped mushrooms and garlic and sauté until mushrooms are tender and just turning golden brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium low, add cauliflower, and toss to coat in the butter. Add white wine and cook until the liquid has bubbled away. Add broth a few tbsp at a time, stirring frequently and letting it evaporate each time.
- When cauliflower is becoming tender, add a little more broth and a few tbsp of cream. Cover with a lid and continue to cook, allowing the cauliflower to steam, until tender (adding a bit more broth and/or cream if needed).
- Stir in the parmesan and add any additional salt and pepper to taste. Serve with additional grated parmesan as desired.