- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 6 slices cooked ham
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbs water
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 2 Tbs butter
- Stir egg and water together with a fork. Combine flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish and put the breadcrumbs in another. Coat each chicken piece in the flour, dip into the egg/water mix and then coat with the breadcrumbs – pressing crumbs in firmly.
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Brown chicken 4 to 5 minutes on each side. While the chicken is cooking, preheat the oven to 350F.
- Place browned chicken on a cookie sheet or oven proof platter. Top each piece with a slice of ham and then a slice of cheese. Bake until the cheese melts – 5 to 7 minutes.