- 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs or 1 1/4 lbs chopped chicken meat
- 6 slices rindless streaky bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 ounces fresh white breadcrumbs
Blue Cheese Mayo
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 pint light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 3 ounces blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 4 hamburger buns
- Cut chicken thigh into pieces and put into food processor.Cut 2 bacon rashers into pieces and add to the chicken.Blend until coarsely chopped.
- Heat the olive oil in a fry pan and add the garlic and shallot.Cook for about 2 mins,until soft.Remove from the pan,drain of excess oil and leave to cool.
- Add the garlic,shallot,tarragon and breadcrumbs to the chicken mixture.Season well and mix to combine.
- Divide mixture into four and with lightly floured hands shape into four burgers.Chill for 30 minutes.
- For the Mayo: Whisk the egg yolk,mustard and plenty of seasoning in a bowl until smooth.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil until the mixture is thick and smooth.Whisk in the vinegar,crumble in the blue cheese and fold it into the mayo with the chives.Chill.
- Grill the remaining bacon until crisp,cook the burgers on a medium heat for about 15 mins,turning once.
- Toast the buns.Arrange salad leaves on one half of the buns,top with chicken burger,spoonful of mayo and bacon rasher,then the top of the bun.Serve!