- 1/2 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 thinly sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pepperoni, thinly sliced and cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package refrigerated pizza dough
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove skins from sausage and cook in heavy skillet, crumbling as you cook.
- Remove sausage to plate covered with paper towel to drain.
- Remove fat from skillet.
- Sauté sweet pepper and onion in olive oil in the same skillet over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add pepperoni, basil, oregano and black pepper; cook another 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Unroll pizza dough and place in well-seasoned 10-inch cast-iron skillet.
- You may need to stretch slightly so dough comes up about 1 inch on the sides.
- Spread dough with 2 tablespoons of the pizza sauce.
- Spread half the vegetable filling evenly over and top with half of the sausage.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese and dot with 3 tablespoons sauce.
- Top with half of the mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layering again.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.
Time: 40 Minutes