- 5 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup masa harina flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen, thawed)
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon milk
- In a small bowl, mix the margarine, masa and sugar with mixer until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Blend 1/2 the corn kernels with the water in a blender until smooth.
- Combine with margarine mixture, stirring well.
- Add the remaining corn, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and milk.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil.
- Pour the mixture into an 8-inch baking dish.
- Tightly cover with plastic wrap and set atop the saucepan of boiling water.
- Keep pan tightly wrapped and steam for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- Check water level often, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes