- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ cups spelt flour
- 1 tsp bakers ammonia
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ cup cheese powder (like Kraft or Frontier Natural Products)
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- pinch salt
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flours, baker’s ammonia, baking powder, sugar, cheese powder, Parmesan, salt, and cream of tartar.
- Mix in oil and milk to form a soft dough.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth.
- Roll dough into a 16” x 8” rectangle.
- Brush dough with melted butter and cut into ½” wide strips.
- Twist each strip and place twists 1” apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, until golden brown and crisp.
Time: 1 hour