Cashew, Shrimp & Pea Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 1/2 cups roasted salted cashews or 1 1/2 cups unsalted cashews
- 4 cups frozen baby peas, thawed and drained (20 ounce package)
- 1 cup green onion, thinly sliced, including tops
- 2 large stalk celery, cut diagonally into thin slices
- 3/4 lb small cooked shrimp
- 6 -8 large butter lettuce leaves, washed and crisped
- dill sprigs (optional for garnish)
- Combine the dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons of the cashews. Combine remaining nuts, peas, onions, celery, and shrimp.
- Gently mix in dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Line a serving platter or bowl with lettuce.
- Spoon salad into center; garnish with reserved cashews and, if desired, dill.
Total Time: 20 Minutes