- 1/2 lb brussels sprouts
- 1 green apple
- 2 green onions, white and pale green part only
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon Dijon style mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
- Shred the brussels sprouts using a mandolin or shredding blade in a food processor.
- Thinly slice the apple, then cut each slice into matchsticks. Thinly slice the green onions and toss with the shredded brussels sprouts and apple pieces.
- In a small bowl combine the cider vinegar, olive oil, salt and Dijon mustard. Toss the dressing with the salad, season with freshly ground pepper to taste and gently add the toasted pecans.
- Allow to rest a room temperature for at least 20 minutes before serving.