Bourbon Pumpkin Pie Recipe
BOURBON PUMPKIN PIE
BOURBON WHIPPED CREAM
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
TO MAKE THE BOURBON PUMPKIN PIE:
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Whisk together sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and the pumpkin until combined. Whisk in the sugar-spice mixture until combined. Then gradually stir in the evaporated milk and bourbon until combined. Pour the mixture into the unbaked pie shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Then reduce temperature to 350° F, and bake for an additional 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours, then refrigerate until ready to serve. (The pie will slice easier if chilled.)
- Serve with bourbon whipped cream or your desired toppings.
TO MAKE THE BOURBON WHIPPED CREAM:
- Using an electric mixer, beat all of the ingredients together in a large bowl until the cream is whipped and forms soft peaks. Serve, or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.