- 1 large salmon filet cut into serving pieces ( also can be salmon steaks )
- Marinade: Note: We doubled the marinade below for my large salmon filet.
- 3 Tbs bourbon whiskey
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 3 Tbs pure maple syrup
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Combine the bourbon, oil and syrup
- Place salmon in a zip-lock bag or glass bowl
- Cover salmon with the bourbon mixture
- Marinade the salmon 2-4 hours, may be longer, turning occasionally
- To prepare: remove salmon from the liquid
- salt and pepper the salmon
- Grill, broil or bake the salmon until done
Note: discard marinating liquid or baste salmon if desired with it.
Otherwise discard the liquid