- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 of a 16 oz. can refried beans
- 8 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 1/2 of a package of taco seasoning mix
- shredded cheese
- 10 corn tortillas
- Your favorite taco toppings
- Make hard taco shells: Preheat oven to 375F. Working with five tortillas at a time, wrap in a barely damp paper towel and microwave on high until steamed, about 30 second. Lay the tortillas on a clean surface (I used a cookie sheet) and coat both sides with cooking spray. Carefully drape each tortilla over two bars of the oven rack See Photo. Bake until crispy, 7 to 10 minutes. Place shells (standing them up) in a 9 x 13 pan. See Photo
- Taco filling: Turn up the oven to 400F. Brown ground beef and drain off any fat. Add refried beans, tomato sauce and taco seasoning and mix well. Heat over medium heat for a minute or two. Spoon into shells and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes until heated through and cheese melts.
- Top with your favorite taco toppings.
Total Time: 30 Minutes