- 3 tablespoons garlic butter, melted
- 8 slices white or whole-wheat soft sandwich bread
- 6 slices uncured bacon, cut in half, baked and drained on paper towels
- 6 large free range eggs
- coarse salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly butter 6 texas sized muffin cups. With a rolling pin, flatten bread slices slightly and, with a 4 1/4-inch cookie cutter, cut into 8 rounds (or trim crust and leave as squares). Press into each muffin cup, making sure bread comes up to edge of cup. Brush bread with remaining garlic butter.
- Lay 2 bacon slice in each bread cup, criss crossing, and crack an egg over each. Season with salt and pepper. Bake until egg whites are just set, 20 to 25 minutes. Run a small knife around cups to loosen toasts. Serve immediately.