- 3 ounces uncooked cellophane noodles
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 1/2 pounds beef boneless top sirloin steak, cut into bite-size strips
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 packages (3.5 ounces each) fresh shiitake mushrooms or Button mushrooms, sliced
- 6 cups Progresso® beef flavored broth (from two 32-ounce cartons)
- 2 cups finely sliced bok choy
- 1 cup julienne strips (matchstick-size) carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium green onions, chopped (2 tablespoons)
- Soak bundle of cellophane noodles in warm water in medium bowl 10 to 15 minutes or until softened; drain. Cut noodle bundle into thirds. Cover and set aside.
- Heat oil in 5- to 6-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cook beef, garlic and mushrooms in oil 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, just until beef is no longer pink.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except noodles and onions. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook 14 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is tender.
- Stir in noodles. Cover and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until noodles are hot. Sprinkle with onions.
Makes 6 servings (1 1/2 cups each)
Prep Time 45 min
Total Time 1:10 Hr:Mins